Sunday 28 February 2010

Stuck in the snow.......


This was my car on Thursday morning, having abandonned it at 10pm the night before on my way between Spean Bridge and Laggan. The snow drifted from one side, and the snow-plough completed the job by sealing it off from the roadside on the other. This was after 30 minutes digging........I was coming back from Corrour Estate and a visit to see a tenant farmer at Ben Nevis, and badly mis-judged the weather situation. I should have stayed the night in Spean Bridge. Having got out from this, I got to Newtonmore, where I had to wait for another day and a half because the A9 was blocked with drifts.
Snow can be scary, and people can easily die in this sort of situation if they make the wrong decisions. I got away with it this time........but I lost a couple of days.

No comments: